(New) G@GPS and GRAPHIC International Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, USA, December 12-14, 2016
- G@GPS’s annual meeting (co-sponsored by GRAPHIC) will be held the same week as the AGU 2016 Fall Meeting in San Francisco, California. Additional details and meeting agenda will be posted on the G@GPS website here: http://www.gw-gps.com/events-newsletter/
(New) Conference Session: American Geophysical Union (AGU):
- AGU 2016 Fall Meeting, San Francisco, California, USA, December 12-16, 2016: Session Title: H045: From paleoclimate to the 2015-2016 El Nino: Natural climate variability signals in global groundwater resources, Conveners: Jason Gurdak, Dioni Cendón, Martine van der Ploeg, and Abi Stone. Additional details about the session are available here: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm16/preliminaryview.cgi/Session13161.html
2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP21), Paris, France, Nov 30 to Dec 11, 2015
- Through GRAPHIC, UNESCO – IHP will launch a Position Paper at COP21 that highlights the important role groundwater has in meeting the demands for drinking water, agricultural and industrial activities, and sustaining ecosystems, particularly in the context of adaptation to and mitigation of the impacts of climate change. This paper is a call to action and outlines several key recommendations that are particularly relevant for future international climate negotiations. Link to the 2015 Position Paper.
The Position Paper will be launched at COP21 during two side events that will be held in the Climate Generation Area:1) 1 December 2015, 15h00-16h30, Room 9
The “Paris Pact on Water and Adaptation to Climate Change in the Basins of Rivers, Lakes and Aquifers” coordinated by the International Network of Basin Organizations.
2) 2 December 2015, 12h55-13h40, UNESCO Pavilion – B3
A workshop on Groundwater and Climate Change that will present:
– The planet’s groundwater resources status, trends and challenges (Prof. Marc Leblanc, University of Avignon)
– Innovative methods to assess groundwater resources such as the application of satellite observations (GRACE mission) (Prof. Laurent Longuevergne, University of Rennes).
Annual GRAPHIC Meeting & Workshop, IAH Congress, Rome, Italy: Sunday September 13, 2015, 9:30 – 13:00
- Held during the 42nd International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH) Congress “Hydrogeology: Back to the Future!”
- Location: Sapienza University of Rome
- GRAPHIC Workshop Objectives:The objectives of the workshop are to review past activities by GRAPHIC and the IAH Commission on Groundwater and Climate Change and discuss plan for upcoming activities, including new publications and future meetings, including COP21 in Paris, December 2015.In particular, a major portion of the workshop will be devoted to discussing the second edition of the GRAPHIC book titled Climate Change Effects on Groundwater Resources: A Global Synthesis of Findings and Recommendations. Workshop organizers will describe the first edition and will solicit authors who are interested in contributing to the second edition.
- Additional details about the GRAPHIC Workshop are available here: http://www.iah2015.org/workshops/
- For additional details contact Jason Gurdak (email: email@example.com) or Mac Lablanc (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Annual GRAPHIC Meeting, Marrakech, Morocco: Monday September 15, 2014, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Held during the 41st IAH International Congress “Groundwater: Challenges and Strategies”
- Ryad Mogador Hotel, Marrakech, Morocco
- contact Marc Lablanc for additional details
Annual GRAPHIC Meeting
- Perugia, Italy; May 16-17, 2003
GRAPHIC Coordination Meeting with G@GPS
- IAH Congress, Niagara Falls, Canada; September 16, 2012. View Meeting Agenda.
6th World Water Forum
- GRAPHIC invited speaker: thematic session 3.3.2: Coping with uncertainties related to climate and global change in water planning and management
- GRAPHIC convened side event: Groundwater and climate change with a focus on Mediterranean coastal aquifers
- Marseilles, France; March 13, 2012.
Annual GRAPHIC Meeting
- San Francisco, California, USA; coordinated with the AGU Fall 2011 Meeting; December 6-7, 2011
1st UNESCO-GRAPHIC Latin America & Caribbean (LAC) Seminar, Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic: June 30 – July, 2011
- Seminar title: Groundwater resources, climate change, and human pressures: assessment and adaptation in Latin American & the Caribbean
- Participant list
International Symposium: Groundwater as a key for adaptation to changing climate and society
- Kyoto, Japan, Research Institute for Humanity and Nature (RIHN); Nov 14-16, 2006
GRAPHIC Workshop: Methods for the study of long-term groundwater dynamics
- Tozeur, South Tunisia; November 1-5, 2010
- workshop coordinated with INQUA, LRAE, and IAH Commission on Groundwater and Climate Change
5th World Water Forum
- Istanbul, Turkey; March 16-22, 2009
- GRAPHIC contribution in session ‘Thinking beyond the water box: What adaptation to global and climate change? and roundtable discussion on ‘adaptation measures for drying rural areas’.
Annual GRAPHIC Meeting
- Paris, France, UNESCO-IHP; April 23, 2009
AGU Fall Meeting Session on ‘Advanced Methods of Groundwater Resources Assessment under the Pressures of Aridity, Humanity and Climate Change’
- San Francisco, California, USA; Dec 15-19, 2008
- GRAPHIC convened session and had several presentations
International Conference on ‘Water scarcity, global change, and groundwater management responses’
- Irvine, California, USA; Dec 1-5, 2008
- GRAPHIC participation and presentation of outcomes from the Kampala conference
Workshop on ‘Climate change in the Maghreb: Thresholds and limits to adaptation’
- Marrakech, Morocco; Nov 25-26, 2008
- GRAPHIC participation in the workshop
- >50 participants
36th IAH Congress
- Toyama, Japan; Oct 26 – Nov, 2008
- Special session on GRAPHIC and official launch of GRAPHIC-Asia & Pacific regional component.
- >70 participants
International Conference on Groundwater and Climate in Africa
- Kampala, Uganda; June 24-28, 2008
- Special session on GRAPHIC and launch of GRAPHIC-Africa regional component.
- Nassau, The Bahamas; March 17-19, 2008
- Official launch of GRAPHIC-LAC regional component.
International Symposium on GRAPHIC
- Kyoto, Japan, Research Institute for Humanity and Nature (RIHN); April 4-6, 2006